Grey's Anatomy will premiere on ABC on September 22, with a two-hour premiere. This will be Patrick Dempsey's last season with the show. It's kind of sad for him to go since the show is centered around Meredith and Derek since the start. I wonder if this will be the last season of Grey's Anatomy or if it will continue on without Derek. All shows come to a end at some time so I would rather it end on a good note than struggle for viewers after Derek is gone. Would you stop watching Grey's Anatomy if there was a Season 9 without Patrick Dempsey's character Derek?
To see more photos from Season 8 of GREY'S ANATOMY click on this link:
Spoilers Ahead Stop Reading...
SEASON 8 SPOILERS
If you are interested in knowing some spoilers about the upcoming season 8 here they are:
Shonda Rhimes shared these spoilers. Here is a quote from her about Meredith and Derek
"We open the [first] episode with Derek working on their dream house, and I would love to have them moving in around the end of the season. Baby Zola is transformative for Meredith, and what happens will be painful, unexpected, and wonderful." Shonda Rhimes
- We'll know by the end of the September 22 season premiere whether or not Cristina will keep the baby.
- A giant sinkhole opens up in a Seattle street during the two-hour premiere.
- New chief resident April will likely lose her virginity.
- We'll meet Jackson's mom; Debbie Allen is cast for the role.
- Alzheimer's-stricken Adele will continue to decline.
- A Shepherd family reunion for Derek and his mother and sisters is in the works.
- Mark Sloan will be mentoring Jackson, as he once did with Alex when he was dating Lexie; so it's more of a situation that if you break her heart, I'll break your face.